Last Updated on August 3, 2023 by admin
An actionable fintech marketing plan is essential for startups who are increasingly under pressure to drive new leads and grow business. Adding to that pressure is the fact that competition is heating up. Established players and startups in the fintech space are battling for the limelight but both are also competing against the incumbent traditional banks and financial service systems.
Content marketing is an opportunity for fintech startups to connect with key audiences and stand apart from the pack. Finding a way to cut through the noise while educating prospects and customers is critical and requires some creative tactics. The infographic outlines some best practices for lead generation and ultimately, to drive new business.
Fintech Marketing Plan for Lead Generation
Use Video – Video can be a powerful storytelling & trust-building tool for fintechs to make an impact on prospects.
In fact, consider the following updated stats for 2023:
- There are 244.4M digital video viewers in the U.S.
- 91% of consumers are looking for more digital video content
- More than 8 in 10 (86%) of marketing professionals are using video as a marketing tool
Keep the Blog Fresh – Your blog serves as the pulse of your company. If you’re not regularly updating your blog – or if you don’t have one – you look stagnant.
Build a Segmented Content Hub – A resource center that houses your blog, white papers, case studies, videos, ebooks, checklists, and more can be an effective way to engage with prospects and generate leads. Organize it in a way that caters to all of your audience segments.
It’s important to note a few relevant statistics for 2023:
- Nine in 10 marketers say they plan to invest the same amount of money and resources into content marketing in 2023, and 66% report increasing their content marketing budget over what was spent in 2022
- The top four content types are blogs, videos, images, and infographics
- Video rules! The top content format in 2023 is video
- Content marketing is a core business strategy for 81% of marketers
Be a Thought Leader – Use your experience and passion to answer the most pressing questions of your target audience on a variety of media. Fintech thought leadership is becoming increasingly important in 2023 and beyond.
Customize your Message – Combine a deep understanding of highly regulated environments as well as technical proficiency and a marketing mind to speak to your audience.
Creating an effective fintech marketing plan doesn’t need to be rocket science. The same tried and true tactics that work across industries are applicable here. The key is to get started with a data-driven strategy and to build out your fintech marketing plan with the tools that make the most sense for your unique business.