Table of Contents
Last Updated on August 21, 2023 by admin
Hiring a fintech content agency is a strategic move. Navigating the intricate landscape of fintech calls for more than just cutting-edge technology; it demands a robust marketing strategy that resonates with your target audience. As fintech continues to disrupt traditional financial services and assert its influence on global economies, the onus falls on businesses in the sector to differentiate themselves. Content marketing, in this respect, plays a pivotal role.
Creating engaging, relevant, and persuasive content helps build credibility, foster customer relationships, and drive business growth. However, the specificities of fintech require a specialized approach that generic marketing efforts may not fully encompass. Enter the fintech content agency — a team of industry-specific marketing professionals who understand the ins and outs of fintech like no other.
Whether you’re a medium-sized fintech firm looking to scale or a large enterprise aiming to fortify your market position, leveraging a fintech content agency can offer numerous benefits. Here are ten compelling reasons to hire a fintech content agency before the New Year rings in, setting your business on the path of elevated content marketing success.
1. Deep Industry Knowledge
Without a doubt, the primary benefit of working with a fintech content agency is access to a treasure trove of deep industry knowledge that your average agency just won’t have. This is critical for fintechs who often face an uphill battle against nuanced industry jargon, emerging technology, and intricate concepts that not everyone is equipped to write about.
A fintech content marketing agency partner has a profound understanding of all of these things – and can churn them into well-received content for which your audience is hungry. And that’s the goal, right? To satisfy your audience. A generic marketing agency might struggle with the technical nuances of fintech, but a specialized agency will hit the ground running.
Key questions to ask a fintech content agency:
- How long have you worked with fintechs?
- What types of fintechs have you worked with?
- How does your team stay up-to-date on industry trends, events, and news?
- What sources do you tap to learn about new subject matter?
2. Augmentation of Internal Teams
Depending on the size of your organization, you may have a marketing department with multiple teams or you may be relying on a one-person department. Fintech companies, especially startups and SMEs, often operate on limited budgets and might not have an extensive in-house marketing team. A fintech content agency can effectively augment your internal team, providing the skills and expertise that might be missing.
In the current climate, many organizations are downsizing and unfortunately, many of the roles being eliminated are in marketing and marketing-adjacent roles. While companies may be in a tough position, it’s a mistake to cut off marketing at the knees. Instead, consider how outsourcing certain functions may be a goal- and budget-friendly way to stay the path.
- Do we have the in-house resources to create a steady flow of high-quality, meaningful content to meet our goals?
- Is our in-house team well-equipped to create the type of content we need?
- Would we be more effective if we added a few people or an external agency to our ranks?
3. Access to Experts
The beauty of hiring a fintech content agency is that, not only do you access a team of people who have deep experience in fintech, but you also get to work with content and content marketing experts. These people eat, breathe, and sleep content. They are often seasoned writers and journalists that have spent most of their lives fine-tuning their ability to communicate with a target audience and make an impact.
Even for fintechs that have huge in-house teams, having access to a team of content experts that understand how to get the right message in front of the right people at the right time can move the needle on marketing campaigns. This collective wisdom can be invaluable in steering your content marketing strategy in the right direction.
- Do we have in-house resources that are experts in content creation and content writing?
- Do we have enough of those in-house resources?
- Would our team benefit from being able to partner with people who understand both fintech and multi-faceted content marketing campaigns?
- What is our criteria for finding the best fintech writers?
A fintech content agency offers scalability. As your business grows, your content needs will also expand. A content agency can effortlessly scale up their services to match your growing requirements, making them a flexible and viable option for the long term.
We feel this is an especially important consideration as we move into 2024. The rapid advancement of technology continues to upend traditional models – and all this is happening as fintechs weather the dreaded “fintech winter.” Yet ad spend has seemingly continued on its upward trajectory. What this leaves us with is a perfect storm of heightened competition where only the strong survive.
To thrive in this market, fintechs need to solidify marketing operations and prepare to scale. And scaling is no easy feat. Companies that have employed a winning marketing strategy will need to quickly grow campaigns as the business grows. This usually means more resources will be required.
- Have we defined our audience personas and customer profiles?
- Where can we leverage marketing automation?
- What is the most effective way to scale content marketing (media, channels, systems)
- What role does account-based marketing play?
- How are we leveraging data for personalization?
5. Keeping Up with Trends
As a fintech, you probably have a pretty good handle on industry trends. But you may also be biased and have blind spots when it comes to what’s important. Partnering with an external agency can help you keep tabs on important industry happenings, including those that might otherwise fall outside of your purview.
This is important for several reasons. First, you may be missing key trends that don’t directly relate to your business but have indirect impacts. These things can make for great content fodder that address both concerns of your primary audience – and their influencers. Second, it’s always helpful to get input from a slightly more objective third-party who may be able to see angles that you could have missed.
More importantly, turning trends into real insights and fintech thought leadership that compels your audience to action is a specialized talent. Even a crystal clear understanding of trends can be wasted if the right information isn’t harnessed into thoughtful content.
- Does our audience consider us the foremost experts in our field/specialization?
- How are we leveraging industry data and trends to educate our audience?
- Do we have the resources to use internal and web data about key industry trends to create compelling thought leadership?
6. Targeted Content Strategy
A fintech content agency understands that not all fintech audiences are created equal. They can create a tailored content strategy that targets your specific audience segment, enhancing the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
Content marketing is its own beast. While it is a part of marketing, it is a specialized practice with its own nuances and best practices. Working with a team trained in those best practices and that has years of experience executing can make or break your content campaigns.
- Is our current strategy targeting the right audience?
- Are we creating personalized content that speaks to different segments appropriately?
- How should we tweak our content strategy based on recent learnings and future projections?
7. Saving Time and Resources
Crafting high-quality, engaging content takes time and skill. By outsourcing your content creation to a fintech content agency, you can free up your internal resources to focus on core business operations. Consider the four phases of content marketing and all they entail:
|Phase I – Research
Content Audit & InventorySocial Media ReviewCompetitive AnalysisAnalytics ReviewGeneral Content Planning
|Phase II – Strategy
Research Findings (inventories, audits, benchmarks)Audience Persona(s)Goals, Landmarks, KPIsContent Calendar (Topics, Titles, Publishing Cadence, Channels)Content Strategy Breakdown by ChannelDistribution, Promotion, and Amplification StrategyContent Production Schedule
|Phase III – Content Development
Creating:Blog PostsResearch ReportsWhite PapersEbooksHigh-Quality Video ContentAudio Content & Podcasts
|Phase IV – Content Promotion
Social Media (Organic & Paid)Article Placements (Organic & Sponsored)eNewslettersGuest Spots on Podcasts
Of course, there are financial pros and cons to hiring in-house and outsourcing. Most organizations settle somewhere in the middle and have internal teams focus on planning and strategy while hiring external experts for production and promotion. With an understanding of your budget and how much fintech content marketing costs, you can find the right hybrid approach for your company.
- What is our current budget for content and content marketing?
- How much can we afford to spend on outsourced services?
- How does our current ROI compare to the potential ROI of working with a seasoned team of experts?
8. Consistent Content Production
Consistency is key in content marketing. An agency can ensure a steady stream of quality content, keeping your audience engaged and your brand at the forefront of their minds. This is big because there is a huge difference between low-quality and high-quality content – and it will absolutely impact your results.
The temptation, especially these days, is to go with the lowest cost option. For some, that means using AI instead of hiring a fintech copywriter. Yes, we’re biased, but we also think the best minds in the business would advise against this. AI is a great tool for automating certain facets of content creation and marketing – but it is not an appropriate replacement for the human touch. AI insights are often dated and sometimes outright wrong. What’s more, do you really want to foster relationships with your buyers in such a detached way?
Great fintech writers and agencies know how to leverage AI to be more efficient and impactful. Aim to hire people with this skill set and be sure to vet prospects appropriately.
- How are we leveraging internal resources, automation, and outsourced services to create content? Is it working or does the formula need to be tweaked?
- How might we see better results if we had a better strategy for content production?
- What is the projected ROI from higher-quality, more consistent content?
9. SEO Expertise
SEO is critical in increasing your online visibility. A fintech content agency will have SEO experts who can optimize your content for search engines, improving your rankings and boosting organic traffic.
This is a critical consideration as the market becomes more saturated. It’s also especially tricky for fintechs who are in the business of emerging technologies. The key challenges here are identifying core and long-tail keywords that people are actually searching for – a big obstacle considering that many businesses may not fully understand their pain points or how brand-new technology can solve them. This is where having an agency with deep experience can make your SEO strategy really sing.
- Do we have an SEO strategy and are we regularly updating it based on trends, learnings, and new terms?
- Are we producing an adequate volume of content to support SEO and boost SERP rankings?
- What is the potential ROI from improving content production to support SEO?
10. Measurement and Analytics
A fintech content agency doesn’t just create content; they also measure its effectiveness. They can provide detailed analytics on content performance, helping you understand what works and where improvements are needed.
It’s easy to get lost in the weeds when your team is stretched thin and your sole focus is on cranking and executing. A good agency can help you avoid this trap by keeping tabs on what you’re doing and whether or not it’s working. Then, the agency will make solid recommendations grounded in data to help you reach your goals.
Hire a Fintech Content Agency to Fuel Success
Engaging a fintech content agency now is a strategic move. It gives you a head start in the increasingly competitive fintech market. Whether you’re a CEO, CMO, Marketing Director, or Content Marketing Director at a medium to large fintech company, consider how a specialized agency can help drive your marketing goals forward. Remember, content isn’t just king; it’s the whole kingdom in today’s digital world.